07-29-2013, 05:55 AM #1
how to start a drugstore business in the Philippines?
I may not put up a drugstore business in the Philippines, but I just want to ask this so that all our members and visitors who are interested to start a drugstore business will know. So how to start and register a drugstore business in the Philippines? What are the steps, procedures and requirements to establish this business? Is there a need to register it with the Food and Drug Administration or Department of Health?entreb.com - Your entrepreneurship and business resource online
07-29-2013, 03:22 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Pasay-Makati City, Metro Manila
- Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
I think its FDA, the BFAD before. It seems to need a pharmacist to run a pharmacy. The good thing is, pharmaceutical wholesaling business is at low cost and high priced so good mark-up of even 400% of cost depending on how you market.Taxes affects lives, care for taxes and save lives. For quality tax and accounting seminar, tutorials, trainings, and workshops, please visit us at [url]www.taxacctgcenter.org[/url].
The Following User Says Thank You to TaxAcctgCenter For This Useful Post:
07-29-2013, 04:58 PM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- In the Philippines
- Thanked 62 Times in 61 Posts
I think there are also franchising companies who are offering a franchised drugstore or pharmacy business in the Philippines. So you may also consider franchising one. Usually, a franchisor will help its franchisee in establishing and starting a business so if you will go for a franchise you may find it easier to start a drugstore or pharmacy.
But with regard to the registration of drugstores, yes it's FDA (Food and Drug Administration) that regulates drugstores or pharmacies in the Philippines. Hence, aside from getting certificate of registration or license to operate with the DTI/SEC, LGU (City Office), BIR, and other usual government agencies, you also need to register that kind of business with the FDA.
Here are some of the requirements for registering a drugstore or drug retailer business in the Philippines:
- Notarized Duly Accomplished Petition Form and Joint Affidavit of Undertaking
- DTI registration for single proprietorship, CDA registration for cooperative, SEC registration for partnership and corporation.
- Valid Mayor’s business permit or barangay business permit bearing the exact registered business name and address of the drug retailer/drugstore.
- Franchise Agreement and proof of registration of franchisor of the drugstore is a franchisee.
- Pharmacist Clearance
- Copies of Pharmacist Board Certificate, valued PRC ID, current PTR, duties and responsibilities of the pharmacist and Certificate of Attendance of Owner/Pharmacist to an FDA sponsored/accredited Seminar on Licensing of Drug Establishments and Outlets (A0#56 s.1989) and Seminar on EDPMS (NCPAM)
- Tentative list of products tend to be sold using generic names with brand names, if any.
- Picture of drugstore with signboard bearing exact registered business name.
- Notarized Contract of Lease for the space occupied of not owned, or any proof of ownership if owned.
- Valid Homeowner’s Association (HOA) Clearance if applicable
- Floor area not less than 15 square meters.
- Location Plan (sketch with landmark) and Floor Plan with dimension (sqm) of outlet (including compounding area and storage room/warehouse when applicable).
- Rubber stamp of outlet bearing the exact name and address
- Generic White Label bearing the exact registered business name and address
- Licensing Fee based on AO #50 s. 2001 Opening/Initial (1-year validity): Php 1,000 + 1% Legal Research Fee
To read the Checklist of requirements for Drug Retailer/Drugstore in the FDA website please visit this page:
The list of requirements above may also change anytime, thus, it would be wise if you can make a call or contact FDA for consultation:
http://www.fda.gov.ph/contact-usRead business and other related articles at BusinessTips.Ph
Submit your business listing for free at BusinessDirectory.Ph
The Following User Says Thank You to viclogic For This Useful Post:
07-29-2013, 05:52 PM #4
Thank you for the information guys!
The website of FDA is I think still under migration. So we can expect more information to be uploaded in their site in the coming days.
Last edited by laurence; 07-29-2013 at 06:02 PM.entreb.com - Your entrepreneurship and business resource online