Thanks

What are the pros/cons of work from home?

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking on some prospect on work from home. But I would like to be informed of both the pros and cons.
    I have seen a lot of offers for work-at-home gigs but some looks like scam to me. Although some seem legitimate.

I would like to ask opinion on advantages and disadvantages of working from home.

Let's just say you still have the option to continue working as an 8-to-5 employee, why would you choose to work from home?
    Thanks!

No spam answer please.

Thanks
    First off, it's not really for everyone. If you are more of a business-minded person, you'll probably find success in it for quite a long time. If you still have that employee mindset, you should start seeing yourself as an entrepreneur and not as an employee. You will be needing plenty of skills that are expected from an entrepreneur than an employee (negotiation, leadership, decision-making, planning, etc).

Another thing is, there are work at home jobs that pay really high - seriously much higher than what you will get from the office. There are also work at home jobs that really pay that low that it barely beats what you get in the office. The big difference often lies in the skills that you provide - technical jobs (programming, consultancy) usually pay the highest (in the Philippines $10 and higher per hour), while administrative jobs (data entry) are at the lowest ($3 and below per hour). Plus there's serious competition in the administrative field. If you are into technical or consultancy, then the high payout is a big advantage.

When it comes to time, it is not always true that you can have time for everything. You can work at home and still be stuck with a client that wants you to work at regular hours or complete a 40 hours per week work. But for others who are not stuck with a client, time could be an advantage - a good freelancer should be able to find other streams of income (run a business, do real estate, etc).

Also, those who are into programming might discover that their skills might not be in-demand in the freelance workplace after a decade. So they have to learn new skills to be competitive once again.

Thanks
    Thanks freelancer_babe. Are you currently working from home? Some people told me it will take time to start working from home. For your case, how long did it take you to have some steady clients?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    the advantage of working from home is you are at home and you don't have to deal with office politics and the daily traffic, and if you don't like your client, you can simply look for another one...

Thanks
    I am currently working at home as a business consultant. I have actually written an article at BusinessTips.Ph about the The Pros and Cons of Running a Home-based business:

Here they are:

Advantages (Pros)
    1. Being your own boss.
    2. Flexible working hours.
    3. Less commuting.
    4. No office attire required.
    5. Near to your family.
    6. Low investment requirement.
    7. Can be started part-time.
    8. You can employ your family members.
    9. Increased tax deductions.

Disadvantages (Cons)
    1. Lack of human resources.
    2. High discipline requirement.
    3. Lack of social contact.
    4. Lack of formal environment.
    5. Family and personal privacy disruption.
    6. Limited capital.
    7. May require longer work hours.
    8. Problems in balancing business and family relations.
    9. Additional cost on accounting and bookkeeping.
    10. Variable and unpredictable income.

I cannot copy and paste the whole article in this forum since against the policy, but you can read the whole article here:
    http://businesstips.ph/the-pros-and-cons-of-running-a-home-based-business/
    Read business and other related articles at BusinessTips.Ph
    Submit your business listing for free at BusinessDirectory.Ph

Thanks
    Almost every consideration has been mentioned above. But to add: Knowing the type of industry where your skills will meet the demand is the top priority. Then finding legit clients who pay accordingly and on time is another matter. As mentioned it takes a lot of discipline. And luck with your ISP and communication channels.
    Pro illis quos diligo deserviam sacrificabo.

Thanks
    You are so true with that one , but these days , especially if you don't have the skills , it is really hard to work at home though you wanted it so badly .

Thanks
    Unemployed Pinoys can earn while enjoying time with their family and loveones.
    Unemployed is Brave and a choice to be a Freeman.
    Join us today at http://www.unemployedpinoys.com

Thanks
    Wanted : Research Data Encoder Online Php300-2100/week
    Application Requirements:
    1. Must be a legitimate Filipino Citizen and is currently residing in the Philippines.
    2. Age 15 to 45 years old
    3. College level or Graduate.
    4. Basic knowledge on internet and excel, word, powerpoint.
    5. Accessibility on internet at home is an advantage.
    6. Must be residing on a place where money transfer services are available.
    For more info visit: http://www.unemployedpinoys.com/
    TO join : http://www.unemployedpinoys.com/register/
    *FOR REFERRALS INFO: FULL NAME: Edward Ryven Almanzor
    *ID#; MI201403-0600
    *or Add me in FB : https://www.facebook.com/edwardryven.almanzor

Thanks
    Working at home can be tough at times specially if you are not focused on what you are doing. There are many things around you that can give you distraction and you have to manage your time wisely. Set yourself as if like you are working in a real office where there is no one bothering you. Well, it depends on how noisy your neighborhood is. You have to adjust.
    But if you know what you're doing and stay focused on what you want to aim, go for it.
    Unemployedpinoys is a site where Filipino people can earn in the comfort of their home.
    You have to be resourceful and search what is needed for particular task and encode it in an excel format.
    You can visit the site www.unemployedpinoys.com and if you are interested, feel free to contact me in my email sweetnchili@yahoo.com